Owner suffers burns as mobile home destroyed by fire – Madison Courier

Science & Technology

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Please purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content.
Sorry, no promotional deals were found matching that code.
Promotional Rates were found for your code.
Sorry, an error occurred.

do not remove
Clear to partly cloudy. Low 58F. Winds light and variable..
Clear to partly cloudy. Low 58F. Winds light and variable.
Updated: June 20, 2022 @ 10:59 pm

Fire destroyed a mobile home on Saturday morning in the 800 block of Ann Trace in the Madison Estates Community of western Madison Township.
Madison Township Fire Chief Robert Black said the fire was discovered by passerby, who notified the residents who were inside the structure to evacuate. The fire was reported at 6:30 a.m. with the structure fully engulfed by the time the first firefighter arrived.
The fire spread, causing damage to two nearby mobile homes, along with destroying a vehicle and causing damage to a second vehicle.
The home owner sustained severe burns to his feet and hands when he ran into the house to retrieve keys in an attempt to move one of the vehicles ahead of the fire. He was transported to Norton King’s Daughters’ Health.
Because the nearest fire hydrant was not functional at Madison Mobile Village, Black said water had to be trucked to the site. He noted that since the fire hydrant is located on private property, land owned and operated by the mobile home park, it is the land owner’s responsibility to maintain the hydrant.
The cause of the fire has not be determined, said Black. He said the mobile home did not have a working smoke alarm.
The fire took three hours to fully extinguish with Madison Township receiving assistance from Rykers’ Ridge, Hanover Township and Kent fire departments.
Shortly after clearing that scene, Madison Township and Rykers’ Ridge fire departments were called back out at 10:59 a.m. to battle a small grass fire near Eagle Hollow in the vicinity of 3155 East State Road 56. Black said the fire was quickly extinguished.
At 8:32 p.m. on Friday, Madison Township and Rykers’ Ridge fire departments also responded to a grease fire on a stove at a home in the 3200 block of North 300W near Deputy Pike in Madison Township. However, the occupant was able to extinguish that fire by the time firefighters arrived.
On Sunday at 8:34 a.m., Madison Township Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at River Valley Community Church, 2535 Clifty Drive, that was determined to have been caused by burned toast in the kitchen during preparations for breakfast.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.

source