The Moto G4 Plus was one of, if not our favourite budget phone of last year. The Moto G5 Plus has since redefined itself when it didn’t even have to. The premium build, competent specs and low price will suit deal-seekers and phone enthusiasts alike.
Considering Motorola have created two brilliant budget phones, a run through our ultimate speed test had to be sorted out. Unfortunately at the time of filming we couldn’t get our G5 to update to Android 7, if you would like us to re-run the test with 7 do let us know!
There are 8 different apps to take on…
1. FLAC music player – the phone must load a FLAC file then play and pause the track
2. Boot up Asphalt 8
3. Boot up Fruit Ninja
4. Boot up N.O.V.A 3 then load the first level
5. Export a pre-made project in Adobe Premiere Clip – @1080p and with several filters
6. Export a photo in Snapseed with pre-made filters
7. Open up a 3D project in 3DC.io and create 10 complicated shapes
8. Take a photo with the camera
– Each phone has to complete two laps and reload games that haven’t held their save.
– Each phone is tested after being reset and all background apps have been removed
– Wi-Fi and GPS options turned off
Please do let us know what you think of our intensive speed test and let us know what phones you’d like to see us test!