Though Apple Music has got everything covered to be a top-notch music-streaming app, it lacks a built-in sleep timer. As someone who loves to fall asleep with relaxing music, I find the absence of a native sleep timer feature in Apple Music perplexing. But needless to fret over the lack of this feature, let’s take a look at a workaround to set a sleep timer in Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, and even Windows PC.
Set a Sleep Timer in Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, and Windows PC
Guess what, iOS comes with a super handy sleep timer that works with not only Apple Music but other music-streaming apps, including Spotify and YouTube Music as well. The Clock app for iPhone and iPad allows you to set the desired sleep timer so that you can fall asleep by listening to your favorite music.
While you can’t label the Clock app as a native sleep timer for Apple Music, it does fill up the void with ease. That means you won’t need to install a third-party app or spend any money to get the job done.
What about other devices like Mac, Windows, and Android? Well, I have found nifty workarounds that let you set a sleep timer for Apple Music on these devices. With that in mind, let’s get started!
Set a Sleep Timer for Apple Music on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Clock app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, tap on the Timer tab at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Next, set the time duration and select the ‘When Timer Ends’ option.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and choose the ‘Stop Playing’ option. Then, tap on Set at the top right corner.
5. Tap on Start to kickstart the sleep timer. Now, you can go ahead and enjoy music, knowing that Apple Music will stop playing music at the stipulated time.
6. Do note that you can cancel/ pause the sleep timer at any time. Head over to the Clock app -> Timer, and tap on Cancel/ Pause.
Set a Sleep Timer for Apple Music on Android
Though Play Store comes with a ton of sleep timer apps, the one that has impressed me is the Sleep Timer for Spotify and Music. The app (Free with ads, offers in-app purchases) is incredibly simple to use and supports Apple Music and YouTube.
To get started, download the app on your Android device and launch it. By default, the timer is set for 30 minutes. You can choose to lower or extend the timer. Then, tap on the ‘Start’ button to kickstart the sleep timer.
Set a Sleep Timer for Apple Music on Mac
1. Launch System Preferences on your Mac and go to the ‘Battery’ settings.
Note: In macOS Catalina and earlier, you will need to choose Energy Saver. I’m using macOS Catalina, so I need to go to ‘Energy Saver’ settings.
2. Next, select Schedule.
3. Next up, check the box to the left of Sleep. Then, set the preferred time duration. In the end, make sure to click on OK to confirm.
Set a Sleep Timer for Apple Music on Windows
Setting up a sleep timer for Apple Music on Windows is just as straightforward. All you need to do is head over to Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Sleep. Then, set the time duration, and you are good to go.
Listen to Your Favorite Tunes in Bed with a Sleep Timer for Apple Music
That’s it! Now that you know how to set a sleep timer for Apple Music, go ahead and make the most out of it to fall asleep with complete peace of mind. You can now catch up with all of your favorite songs without having to worry about music playing in your ears all night.
Though I would eagerly await the arrival of a built-in sleep timer for the Apple Music app, these workarounds are very reliable. Have you found them helpful? Be sure to share your two cents in the comments down below.
Also Publish AT: https://beebom.com/how-set-sleep-timer-in-apple-music/