The big Apple news this week is really about what’s happening next week: the launch of the 2019 iPhones! As such, we’ve got some freshly-leaked info regarding some specifications of one of the three iPhones we expect to land on Tuesday.
In addition to that, we have some news about sleep tracking on the Apple Watch, a potential successor to the much-loved iPhone SE, the possibility of a new Apple TV on the way, and some news regarding an already-canceled Apple TV Plus series.
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest!
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- iPhone 11 benchmark shows slight performance upgrade: A Geekbench test result that allegedly shows stats of the iPhone 11 (that’s the iPhone XR 2, for those of you keeping the score at home) shows a nominal performance upgrade and an extra 1GB of RAM. That means the iPhone 11 could have just 4GB of RAM.
- 2019 iPhone pre-orders and launch dates leak: We won’t know for certain until Apple announces the info on Tuesday, but it looks like you’ll be able to pre-order a new iPhone on September 13 (a week from today) and devices will ship and sell in stores on September 20.
- iPhone SE successor in early 2020?: Apple could change up its usual game plan and launch an iPhone outside of the month of September next year. Rumors suggest a low-cost iPhone — possibly an iPhone SE successor — could land in the Spring.
- More rumors surrounding in-display Touch ID: We’ve heard rumblings for months now that Apple is planning to add an in-display fingerprint sensor to at least one variant of the 2020 iPhone lineup. Now, we have another rumor to support this, which means the rumor is likely true.
- Apple Watch could get sleep tracking capabilities: Strangely, the Apple Watch can do some things no other smartwatch on the market can do while simultaneously not be able to do some things most other watches can. One of those latter things is sleep tracking, but that could change very soon.
- New Apple TV on the way?: Rumors are ramping up that Apple could launch a new Apple TV box this year, possibly even at the iPhone 11 event next week. Maybe it will be the, “Oh, and one more thing…” of the event.
- Apple TV Plus series already canceled: A greenlit series for the Apple TV Plus service has been canceled. The show — titled Bastards — would have starred Richard Gere. The series was reportedly canceled due to the showrunners not seeing eye-to-eye with Apple over the adult content of the story.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are currently an Apple user thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.
Also Publish AT: https://www.androidauthority.com/apple-news-september-6-2019-1025812/